In January 1995 the Australian Attorney General revoked all appointments of marriage officers at Australian missions that are overseas. Consequently consular officers can not any longer marry Australians.
Australians may now marry according that is overseas the regulations for the nation where the marriage occurs. Under Indonesian legislation, this implies wedding with a minister of faith and a civil registrar.
You will have to bring into the Australian Consulate in Bali:
- Copy of Decree genuine if divorced
- Copy of Death Certificate of previous partner if relevant
- Copy of Documentary proof of any modification of name (eg, previous wedding certificate/deed poll)
- Delivery certificates are usually needed by the Indonesian authorities and it’s also recommended which you bring these with your
- Fee: A$110 (payable in Rupiah just)
Engaged and getting married under Indonesian legislation
Generally speaking, people of every nationality may marry in Indonesia supplying they hold among the five religions recognised by Indonesia (Buddhism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Islam, and Protestantism). Continue reading